Wednesday, May 17, 2006

How to Increase Your Income At Light Speed

Most people I've known over the years have complained that the raises they got at their jobs barely kept pace with inflation. For many years I knew what they meant, seeing small 1-3% raises yearly. Everyone wanted to make more money, but no one seemed to have an answer. I have a lot of people ask me what the secrets to making large amounts of money are. Here is a very simplified way: Think about what you do that is valuable. It may be job skill, it may be something you know a great deal about. Ask yourself how you can do it for more people.

Think of how you could deliver the product or service to more people. How would you do it? Who could you hire to do it for you?

Next, think about how you can charge more for it. What can you add to it that costs you little or nothing but makes the value perception increase dramatically? How can you package it to make it seem worth more? We live in a free enterprise system in most of the world. This means that the price of a good or service is whatever the market will pay.

Now how can you produce it quicker? Can you produce it by hiring peope to assist you? What can you automate or systemize?

I came to this conclusion because I recognized that a company I used to work for was charging in one month of billables enough to pay my salary for a year..this on the work I produced! If they could do it, why couldn't I?

Also think of things in terms of units. Large companies often buy thousands at a time of products, even if you were talking about selling 10,000 of something at $4 a pop....wouldn't that make a nice chunk of change for a few weeks work?

What do you have that you can get into the supply chain of a major company?

The possibilities are limitless...are you excited yet?

All the best!
Bill White
http://www.synchronicity-expert.com