Monday, October 09, 2006

Consistency: How Solid Are You? Long Term It Means Everything To Success

I just heard an interesting concept in an audio broadcast about a concept called "Loverage." It was a great concept, stressing you should build great relationships, go the extra mile to over deliver and then ask for what you want. It's a great concept except that it comes from someone who in my experience and the experience of many associates of mine has the most to learn from his own words.

Yes the same person who shot off these words has used and abused not only his joint venture partners, his employees, but also his customers. So what do you think about a person who has so much to say about how you should live your life and then backs it up with 180 degree behaviour? I won't mention names.

That's why I want to talk about consistency. You see if your talk and your actions don't coincide, you may get over on a lot of people for a short time, BUT, and this is a huge BUT, eventually, the people who are solid, dedicated and truthful are going to plow you down. Life has a way of paying you back when you misrepresent yourself.

The short sightedness of this is pretty plain to see. When you get bad word of mouth, your business suffers. You go to sleep each night either believing your own b.s. which is liking laying in something I don't need to discuss or deep down it gnaws at you until you get something like cancer to either wake you up or take you down.

The sad thing is that so often we have people who we think of as heroes. These are people we look up to, and then one day we meet them and find out the message is bigger than the man or woman. What a disappointment to find someone you look up to is a worm.

I'm pleased to say this isn't always the case, and what drives me convictions even deeper are the moments I find someone I look up to and they are actually as solid as I thought they were.

Take for example Jeffery Combs, who I most recently interviewed on Success Radio 11:11. Jeffery is a celebrity by every right. He is well known, successful and a very busy man. Point is, he took the time to call me back personally and arrange the interview. He was extraordinarily nice to me and he took some time to study up on me and actually commend my work. Here is a guy who doesn't talk an example to follow, he LIVES IT. That is why I will always recommend that people see Jeffery any chance they get, to listen to his products and to learn from his leadership. He is REAL. (and you can visit his site at http://www.goldenmastermind.com )

My point here is this, to be a leader means you have to mean what you say and say what you mean, but it goes deeper. Words with no deeds mean nothing. When you find someone you admire is really just posing, this is an invitation from the world ro you to step up and become a leader. It's like God is saying, "ok, you see the weakness here, rise above it and raise the bar."

That's what I intend to do every day. I encourage you to do the same.

May you be blessed!

All the best!
Bill White

Success Strategies