Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Rediscovering You - Success Begins At Your Core

It's a funny thing, in my twenties as a single I knew my self so very well. At times I thought I had reached a true pinnacle. Then I got married to my wife and over half a decade, I lost touch, or perhaps completely redefined myself.

This isn't a bad thing, but I began to feel an emptiness and what came about from that was extremely interesting. See I started noticing that I was having dreams where I saw a lot of old friends, or hung out in old places. I was going back to listening to old music, things I'd enjoyed a decade earlier.

Living in Texas has been awesome to me. I've loved the people, the area, the successes I've had here, but I grew up on the East Coast. I feel the ocean in my soul. I long for it, now more than ever. So I'm planning to buy a boat, get some good fishing in...enjoy the salt air and the seagulls.

I think it's very important to remember where you've come from, remember your past and draw strength from it. I'm not suggesting we dwell on it, but so often I hear people saying to forget the past, move on... I don't think we need to discard it like an old rug.

All of this makes me think of Pretty Woman, when Richard Gere was out in the lawn bare foot "reconnecting." Sometimes it is where we have been that gives us the strength to push forward.

All the best!
Bill White

Secrets of my success

Success Strategies