Friday, May 26, 2006

Success is Stepping Up and Saying Yes

I am constantly amazed at how much I can accomplish just by telling people what I'd like them to do. Most people don't get what they want because they don't ask for it. Most people don't ask for what they want because they are thinking negatively and are vividly imagining the person they would ask telling them no.

How many times do you defeat yourself per day with this very same tactic? Hey, I'll be the first to admit I do it at times as well. I do it a lot less now that I'm aware of it...but this is where we hit that fear factor. We are afraid of rejection so we just don't ask.

This is absolutely stupid! What harm can come from hearing the word no? What good can come from hearing the word yes? Doesn't this make perfect sense? If you agree that it does, then why don't you ask for the promotion? Ask for the date? Ask for the sale? I long ago adopted a rule, it's always easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask permission.

Do it. Be bold. Step up and ask for what you want. Take what you want. If you meet resistance, say, "I'm sorry I just couldn't imagine you saying no to this!"



personal development